Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Unless you've been completely separated from the world and every type of media outlet today, you would know that it's Leap Day.

...As well as hump day... 

But let's not get sidetracked.

To me, it seems like everyone thinks today is some sort of holiday. Let me be clear: it is NOT.

Christmas and Easter are holidays. Even freaking flag day is a holiday.

A mere left over day from extra hours accumulated over a four year timeframe, does not constitute a holiday type celebration!

You can call me a grouch. You can even call me a sourpuss (yes, I am an old fart at heart).  But I've got to say, I am not a fan of Leap Day.

Ok, I have no idea what's up with the rhyming, it's spilling out of me like word vomit. But I promise to keep the Dr. Seuss lingo to a minimum for the rest of this post :)

Obviously my day was crappy. I'm talking "one-contact-out" and "coffee-all-in-my-purse" crappy. And, no, I'm not a moron, I know that my bad luck today has nothing to do with the fact that it's leap day.

Regardless, I'm choosing to believe that all this nonsense was because of a stupid day that comes (thankfully) every four years.

And not because I stayed in bed longer than I should have this morning to snuggle with my gorgeous husband. No that's definitely not why....

Ah well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment