Saturday, June 23, 2012

Celebrating "Me" Time

Recently, with everything that’s been going on, I’ve spent a lot of time alone. And to my surprise; I absolutely love it.


Not only do I love it.... I NEED it. It's become a necessity in my life to preserve my sanity for as long as possible. And who knows how long that'll last....


I make plans to hang out with myself. and often. 


May sound creepy and lame, but it's totally not. 


Catching up on books, experimenting in the kitchen, re-decorating.... All are best when done alone.
I've found that left to my own devices, I can come up with some kick-ass ideas/creations/meals. 


Which, coincidentally, works out well for me seeing as I'm married to a marine. There's definitely going to be a lot more alone time in my future.  

Ironically, back in the day spending time alone was not a positive. It was dreaded and normally caused me some level of anxiety over what I was possibly missing out on. 



Not sure what changed specifically, but that girl is looooooooooonnggg gone. Just me, myself, and I.

Granted, there is this little guy to keep me company.....





Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment